Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Mmm, Barium.

This will be a VERY short post, as I am pressed for time. I don't know what I was thinking, but I scheduled my 1-year-post imaging test for today, 364 days after my first-ever CT scan that revealed my pancreatic tumor. I am not super worried that the tumor has returned, because it is unlikely to have done so, but I won't get the results until my oncology appointment next Tuesday. I scheduled my oncology appointment to be before Christmas on purpose, relying on good news. The thought was if I knew I was OK before Christmas, I would be free to enjoy this holiday season (last Christmas SUCKED). I suppose this was going to be a hard week anyways, approaching all sorts of tough "anniversaries," so might as well pile it on. My husband and I have a history of dramatic holidays. Last year we were not-so-patiently waiting for my biopsy, three years ago awaiting the birth of our twins (this was crazy good drama, of course), and five years ago I miscarried the day after Christmas, after having spent part of the 23rd and the 25th in the ER. So, fingers crossed for a medically uneventful holiday season. If this last year has proven anything, I can handle the unexpected, ungracefully, but I can handle it. Fingers crossed for a "normal" CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment